Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Muddy water

the quote referred to children acting out to get much-needed attention that was being withheld; it suggests that they'd rather have negative attention than none at all:
one will drink muddy water when he is dying of thirst.
oh, the times i've spent drinking at idol/idle fountains, drinking a stale water that is lifeless. much like that woman asking the wrong questions, wanting the right answers.
may i drink of the only water today, truly thirsty
o God, you are my God,
earnestly i seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
i have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and glory.
because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
psalm 63:1-3

3 comments:

Shari said...

Beautiful.

And thanks for the visit to my blog!

Unknown said...

As we have talked about - i don't like water, especially when I am dieting. I will creatively turn it into tea or lemon water, etc. I think I do the same thing spiritually - I take the purest refreshing words of God and try to change them to taste "better" only to end up dissatisfied. Muddy water.

amy in peru said...

I am always thirsting... and you speak true.

thank you for saying.

amy in peru