Sunday, January 16, 2011

The jungle book

i have monkeys who swing hard on furniture and make-believe, and on strong Daddy's shoulders.

i hear a stampede of elephants and wonder how my house can hold them all,
only to find 6 impish eyes staring back at me.

we even have a panther, all bagheera disdain and flicking tail, and his ears get pulled a little too often.

i was once baloo (my nonvirtual friends understand), but now i'm mama bear, less silly (though i have my moments) and more fierce love.

best of all, we have a King here,
not man, not fire, not water, He lives here, reigns here
even in the messy jungle of our hearts and home.

3 comments:

amy said...

love it. and understand it. what a beautiful jungle we live in...

Leslie said...

this sounds like a narnia story...

Jodi said...

"Is He safe? No, but He is good. He's the king, I tell you!"